NWB - Community Blog


Best publIc liability cover?

Filed Under : Music , Other

Posted By : The Villains | Comments : 12

We need it super quick and super cheap

Ive heard the MU covers you for £55 but is that per band member or does one member cover all the band?

If they don't where can we get it cheap and quick?


# Posted by Off The Rails - 16/11/2011, 20:47 (GMT)

try towergate or fylde insurance in Kirkham ask for Yvonne, mention Carole sent you http://www.fylde-insurance.co.uk/

cheers tony

# Posted by The Villains - 16/11/2011, 20:57 (GMT)

Nice one Tony hOw much do you reckon roughly?

# Posted by Tubthumper - 16/11/2011, 20:58 (GMT)

Insurance? What could possibly go wrong at a gig..............

# Posted by SandS - 16/11/2011, 20:58 (GMT)

Why do you need it?

# Posted by Off The Rails - 16/11/2011, 21:17 (GMT)

£135.00 quid we paid

# Posted by Off The Rails - 16/11/2011, 21:19 (GMT)

Posted by SandS
Why do you need it?

If you are playing at a posh place or a wedding if you are hired direct from the wedding party you are not covered on the venues insurance.


# Posted by The Villains - 16/11/2011, 21:48 (GMT)

We're playing Manchester town hall for a mates wedding in December and a couple of venues next year have asked for our certificate.

Bit miffed at paying £135 for insurance though, we don't want anyone onstage so if they Coe on they'll get a smack, will that be covered?

# Posted by Rumble Fat Band - 16/11/2011, 22:34 (GMT)

MU Cover is per preson. +1 for Towergate.

# Posted by On The Edge - 17/11/2011, 09:04 (GMT)

mu is for one person, but if you just happen to own all the gear. one is all you need.
cost me £13 a month

# Posted by Neil Aspinall - 17/11/2011, 10:02 (GMT)

Try Tennison Insurance online. If your in the MU you have PL cover but only for that band members personal liability it doesn't extend to the band. Neil

# Posted by Off The Rails - 17/11/2011, 12:30 (GMT)

besides your liability insurance have you got all your stuff pat tested ?, because they might ask to see proof of that too.

# Posted by The Villains - 17/11/2011, 13:28 (GMT)

Yeah we've got the PAT testing done, just never needed PLI before. Thanks all will check it out. I think MU might be the way forward as it also does insurance so if your gear gets nicked out of your car its covered. Magic

back to top

Blog Search

Follow NWB on Facebook and Twitter

Cottam Guitars

10% Discount for NWB members, email max@cottamguitars.co.uk

LaLuna Amp Repairs

Valve & solid state amp repairs, mods and servicing. FX, PA & studio gear repairs. Hadfield, Glossop north Derbyshire.

Bakehouse Studio

Accrington's cosy project studio. Book online 24/7. Use code NWB20bc110301 for NWB members special 20% discount.

Who's On?

Hot Posts

Community Blog Guidelines

  1. Be nice: Even if you disagree with someone, you need to keep your tone civil and reasonable.
  2. Keep on topic: Please keep discussions relevant to each topic and avoid multiple topic posts.
  3. Don't Spam: Show restraint with your posting frequency. We're all doing cool stuff on NWB, but if we post about it too much, it can be distracting.
  4. Respect the Moderators: The entire Community Staff were users once, just like you. We try very hard to answer everyone's questions, so please be cool.